Monday 31 August 2015

Craft for my boys - writing board

For a month or so Billy has been enjoyed trying to guess what letter of the alphabet things begin with (names of toys, objects around the house and friend's names etc), which has started a real interest in the alphabet and trying to write different letters.

During a big sort out one morning I came across an old notice board which I had in my room at uni, it's one that is half pin board, half white board and it was still covered in all my old scribbles and post-it notes. As I was wiping the white board clean I thought it would be great fun for billy to use and practice writing on, then I had the idea of putting the alphabet on the other side. I decided to turn it into a writing board and here's how I made it...

Materials
> Pin and whiteboard combi
> Alphabet Card Sticker Flipbook http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/sticker-books/alphabet-card-sticker-flipbook/5052089140790
> Paint
> Paint brush
> Decorative craft tape http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/card-making-supplies/patterned-craft-tape/5055170151507
> Scissors

Method
1. Paint the cork side of the notice board and leave to dry.
2. Stick on the alphabet letters
3. Make a border with decorative tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment